Saturday 29 July 2017

The tribe that knew God before evangelization came to Papua New Guinea.

Yes, there are lot more to discuss about the one legged beings of Pomio District in Papua New Guinea which I will be sharing in my next posts. For information sake, the one legged beings of Pomio District have had their traditional story being documented as a manuscript and I am seeking sponsors for publishing. Anyone interested in helping me out can contact me through my email address at (ptoduk@gmail.com) or leave a message on my blog site.
For the time being, I will be introducing to you a new enlightening topic that you may find interesting . I have written a manuscript about and as usual, no one in my country is willing to help me publish my work. It is all to do with the Mengens of Pomio District.
You might be wondering what on earth is the word Mengens. The term  Mengens is a collective word that classified the inhabitants of Pomio District who spoke the Mengen language.Mengen is a tribe that is found in Pomio District of Papua New Guinea. The Mengen tribe together with the other tribes make up what is known today as Pomio District. Pomio District is located south of New Britain Island. Pomio District is the remotest and the isolated district found in East New Britain Province of Papua New Guinea.
And remember Pomio District is known for its vast environment which include, Muruk Cave, Kava Kuna, many natural sink holes, the Blue hole dive, the Waterfall Bay and Whiteman and Nakanai Range and many more.
The Mengens have a unique diverse culture, tradition and custom and those who are interested can come do more research and study to discover the hidden beauties of the tribe. Aside from being just a tribe the Mengens are also known to be God fearing people who once knew God before Europeans brought evangelization to the natives of Papua New Guinea as a whole. That is truly enlightening. The question about circumcision. The question about God the Father and the Son. The question about prayer. The question about the wonders of God. And many more are implanted within the Mengen tribe of Pomio District of Papua New Guinea. It is not only about that, we shall also learn the different cultural practices on men's point of view and even women perspective. The rules or taboos that being a Mengen, one should uphold. The beauty of the traditional masks and its restrictions. And as well, the rituals Mengens perform signify their identity. We shall see all these listed one at a time.
Bye for now and we will surely discuss more when we meet in my next post.





















1 comment:

  1. Im a Pomio student studying anthropology and very much interested in your story>dont hesitate to contact me

    ReplyDelete